• Together, Operation Iraqi Freedom and Operation Enduring Freedom represented the longest-running active military effort conducted by U.S. Armed Forces.
• Over 1.5 million service members have served in Iraq and Afghanistan, and nearly half of them have experienced multiple deployments.
• We know that psychological issues rise significantly among those with repeated deployments
• Over half of all active-duty service members have family responsibilities such as a spouse, children or other dependents.
• Extended and indefinite separations, increased workloads on family members, and recurring deployments in combat zones contribute to increased likelihood of stress and emotional issues among family members.
• Children in these situations often experience higher levels of anxiety and a higher risk of depression than their nonmilitary peers. Military children often have a harder time focusing at school.
Therapists from Catholic Family Services in cooperation with Army One Source, have participated in special training designed to increase their awareness of the culture in which veterans and their families live and work. The training provided best practices for identifying, assessing, and treating mental health issues resulting from the trauma of war.
CFS therapists have learned strategies for establishing and maintaining a therapeutic alliance with Combat veterans and their families through understanding military structure and culture and the combat experience. They are informed in the current knowledge of trauma and PTSD and how it is unique to military personnel.
Catholic Family Services Professionals provide care that addresses the unique clinical aspects and medical needs of Service Members and their families
If you or someone you
Know is experiencing:
• Stress or anxiety
• Irritability or anger
• Lack of motivation or interest
• Feelings of isolation
• Drug or alcohol dependence
• Other troubling behavior
These may be outward signs of post-traumatic stress, depression, or other health issues related to mobilization deployment and redeployment.
Talk with one of our licensed mental health professionals so you can
LIVE THE LIFE YOU DESERVE
Click here to download our Military Personnel Brochure